Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Easy Chocolate Brownies

Don't you love it when there are only two directions in a recipe and it still comes out tasting great?

I found this chocolate brownie recipe and "Nan's Brownies" has now become one of my go to recipes - not only is it easy to make but I'm likely to have all the ingredients on hand - especially as it uses cocoa instead of cooking chocolate. These are great straight from the oven or if they're cold, reheating for a few seconds in the microwave to make them fudgy in the middle again. And if you're feeling like pudding, I'm sure you could serve with cream or ice cream too ;)

Super Easy Chocolate Brownies

4 oz butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 eggs
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 TBSP vanilla essence
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Directions
1. Melt the butter and add the rest of ingredients in the order listed.
2. Pour into a greased pan and bake in a moderate oven (180C) for 25-30 mins.

8 comments:

  1. Much easier than my recipe (which has cooking chocolate AND chocolate chips!) and in the oven for an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic
    Will try this with Gian tonight and tell you what we think. Chris is cooking dinner whilst G and I make dessert. Last time we did this we really enjoyed it - nice family thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Culiverter is really handy!
    Just converted the oz to grams for the butter. (What the heck is 4oz of butter??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Verdict!
    It wasn’t gooey on inside, probably because chicken was cooking in oven prior. It was still very yummy and very chocolatey - Chris loved it especially ie he made lots of appreciative noises haha It’s a keeper! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah-Jane RuthwellMay 9, 2010 at 3:56 AM

    Well my mixture is in the oven, Will see in half an hour if I did it right :) I know it is such a simpl recipe but my cooking is not the best even when following instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made these, my son has made these now my daughter is going to have a go. Delicious every time.
    Thank You
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya
    Lost the printout of this so come back to yr blog to print off. Chris is craving choc brownie - guess I'll make it cos its Fathers Day lol! I like the Feedjit feature - interesting to see who visits yr blog.
    thx!
    Sis Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. eh ... the live feed thingy says I'm from Porirua, Wgtn! Close enough I guess LOL!
    Julia, Auckland.

    ReplyDelete